Sunday, November 26, 2006

Legal Profession and Legal Aid Bill - Stage 3

I was a little bit disappointed with this Bill because it has not gone far enough. I would like to see a Commission which is completely separate from the Law Society. I would also like to see a division between law and non-law (ie litigation and mediation) not least because ADR is the anti-thesis to law, and needs to be processed very very carefully as it has the ability to undermine the rule of law, and does create a two tier legal service when processed "within" law. I have high hopes that the Scottish Executive and Europe will see the light of day and do the "competition model" which processes ADR as a profession in its own right, such that lawyers, barristers and judges DO NOT process ADR at all. I would be happy to see the Commission process "advice organisations" which are legal and non-legal!

Well my horoscope motto for November in Harpers informed "FIND A WAY OR MAKE ONE" and "McDADE" does mean "sapienter si sincere" - wisely if sincerely!

Here is my efforts for Stage 3:

Legal Profession and Legal Aid Bill - Stage 3

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home