Friday, April 11, 2008

"The Rule of Law is nothing if it fails to constrain overweening power"

Lord Justice Moses and Lord Justice Sullivan, have just stated:

"We fear for the reputation of the administration of justice if it can be perverted by a threat. No one, whether within this country or outside is entitled to interfere with the course of justice. The rule of law is nothing if it fails to constrain overweening power".

I would say the Lord Justices are both correct and admirable by this statement. I myself do believe that Tony Blair, ex-Prime Minister, has a problem with the application of the rule of law under his term in office and I am also concerned that Lord Woolf was put in charge of this enquiry too. Both judges are correct to reprehend Tony Blair's behaviour and in that regard, I should be grateful if the Lord Justices would also refer him to the Law Society to ensure that he is struck off for breaking the ethical and professional codes of conduct as it is apparent by the representations in the press that the legal profession is in disrepute. I very much doubt that he was operating alone and that others should also be referred too, for instance, the Attorney General, Lord Goldsmith.

I watched the news last night and there appeared to be two issues: (a) that the threat of the inquiry would cause us to lose business, via a threat of job losses, with the Middle East; and that (b) that our security would be compromised by the Middle East not engaging in reciprocal arrangements. On neither of these issues do I buy iinto the rhetoric. Firstly, if Saundi Arabia placed £40 + billion orders with us for a product, I credit them with the genuine intelligence to be buying the best or most affordable product available on the marketplace - why then would they go elsewhere. Moreover, the notoriously arrogant French and/or the upright Americans are not likely to "surrender" to the Middle East on any grounds - so why did we concerning this deal. Secondly, if, as is alleged there is a reciprocal security arrangement, then to my mind at whatsoever degree of reciprocity this entailed, low, medium, high, we need each other - furthermore I am concerned if such a reciprocal arrangement exists we have not heard anything in a while concerning the whereabouts and welfare of Osma Bin Laden.

My view has always been that Tony Blair MP is clever, but not intelligent and I am pleased to see the Lord Justices stance on this case affirms what, most of the public already know and have deduced over time.

Therefore I would urge Prime Minister Gordon Brown and all Ministers in the UK not to now have any determination to drive through new statutory powers to shut down investigations or delimit the powers of the application of the rule of law, but to seek the assistance of the Saudi Arabians to sort this matter out with any degree of modesty, decorum and integrity that both sides can now muster as diplomacy.

Guardian: 11/4/8

In light of the Lord Justices comments: I should also be grateful if the Prime Minister/his office can now deal with my genunine concerns that corruption has a foothold "within" the Ministry of Justice (on two, potentially three civil litigations) and out it - nobody is irreplaceable and I have no doubt that the legal profession and journalism have a good idea of what is going on now: so why do I appear to be being ignored/experiencing evesdropping/escotericism. The blog posts below are self-explanatory albeit I have not given access to all documents in my knowledge, possession and control at this time due to a third litigation: you only have to ask. There is public interest material in the cases.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home